Monday, March 31, 2008

trip to the salvy-a very delayed part 2

I never did get around to posting the next day, but I was able to accomplish some things and start some new projects as well.
Here's a quick look at the wrap pants I made using some very soft fabric my boyfriend's mom gave me. Not to many pictures for this one due to crappy lighting, I was also going to post the tutorial link, however it seems to have disappeared.

Next up is a recon from one of the goodies I got from the salvation army. It was a scrub top with a zany ambulance print and it cost me 2 dollars.
Originally it was just going to have the blue band of fabric going across, but when I tried the shirt on it was kind of snug around the hips and the way the fabric puffed out I looked like I belonged at a maternity ward. So I lovely hacked off the ambulance print and attached the bottom part of a dress from forever 21 that I bought to wear to a wedding but never actually wore.















I'm thinking I may add two front pockets with the ambulance fabric, but thats for another day. For now I'm quite happy with it. Thats all for now, its time to clean up.

No comments: