Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Loot

I do have a few pictures of what I've made others for x-mas, but instead of posting those today I'm going to show off the recent donation to my ever growing fabric stash. My boyfriend's mother is a very crafty lady who was looking to narrow down her own craft stash in order to be more productive/less overwhelmed. I only made a slight dent in her fabric stash, but every little bit helps right? Now on to the pictures!

{Bias Tape and More}

{Fabrics}



The white fabric that everything is piled on top of has this great lace edging. I definitely want to make a spring/summer skirt out of it, possibly dye it. I'm picturing a gradient kind of effect... but I digress.

{Buttons}



A great assortment of old buttons that have been collected over many years. One particular set of buttons intrigued me to the point where I actually looked them up.


This is the best picture I could get of these buttons. They have the state shield of New Hampshire on the front, and have "Scoville MFG Co. Waterbury" imprinted on the back. After some research I found out that they are militia buttons, however I haven't been able to date them. At this point I'm pretty sure they're not from the civil war era like others that I saw in my search, but still its pretty cool. I'm going to hold off on using these until I know exactly what I have, and I let the BF's mom know as well.

That is all I have to share for now, I'll post x-mas gifts at some point in the nearby future. Until then, happy holidays

No comments: