Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Going 'round in circles


I've been wanting to make a circle skirt for sometime now, so I figured why not give it a go today. After quickly browsing the circle skirt tutorial on whatthecraft I set to work. I had the striped jersey laying around (purchased at the local fabric store) and used the sleeves from one of the donated t-shirts I have laying around to make the waistband. I added elastic to the waist and presto, I have this wonderful floaty fun circle skirt.


Showing off the fabric



... And because no post of a circle skirt is complete without a super-twirling action shot... (did I mention how dizzy I got during this shoot?)

I love the way the stripes fall on this skirt, I've been walking around the apartment all day and watching how it swishes back and forth. All thats left to do is hem it I suppose, back to work!

No comments: